Using the ‘styling’ available in your word processor is a great way of making sure your book is a pleasure to read. If styled correctly, the Authonomy reader will divide your work into easily browsed chapters and parts. To make this as simple as possible, we’ve created a template that you can download, and paste your chapters and titles into.
The template will be available to download on the upload page, but for those wishing to get a step ahead, it can also be downloaded here.
Here are some tips to creating a beautiful book:
- Download the template and open it in your word processing program: Microsoft Word is ideal.
- Replace ‘Book’ and ‘Author’ with your title and author name. These will appear at the front of your book.
- It’s important that the formatting of the chapter headings remains styled (an iltalicised, bold font should indicate this).
- Edit chapter headings (Chapter 1, Chapter 2, as appropriate). If possible, type these in, to avoid losing the styling of the heading.
- Delete additional chapters, and parts, as appropriate.
- Press return to create a space under each heading, and paste the relevant chapter underneath (if there aren’t enough headings in the template, you can copy and paste them to get more).
- Make sure that your chapter formatting looks as you desire, as these will be presented pretty much as you see them.